Tuesday 5 December 2017

Why I Became Vegan and Why it Took So Long - Part 2 - Vegetarian to Allkaline Vegan


In mid 2016 I learnt about Dr Sebi and the alkaline diet. Through his Teachings I learned that acidic foods cause mucus and that mucus is the cause of every disease. Finally an explanation as to why had sinus issues all this time!

Below are snippets of teachings and some of his quotes.









At this stage I hadn't considered it for myself because there wasn't anything in the information that I had come across that showed it would help menstrual cramps.

A few months later I came across Tys Concious Kitchen YouTube and became obsessed with watching his videos.He creates tasty meals using only alkaline ingredients as recommended by the late Dr Sebi and can be found in his nutritional guide.



I still hadn't twigged that it would work for me until I came across two YouTube videos where two seperate ladies talked about improved menstrual cycles on Dr Sebi's alkaline diet thats when it all CLICKED and I decided to start transitioning to alkaline vegan! 

I downloaded Dr Sebi's nutritional guide, bought his recommended seasonings and starting using up my dairy products and other food items that were acidic.




Spelt pasta, spelt spaghetti, rye flour, spelt flour and gram flour (also known as chickpea and garbanzo bean flour) were easy to find at reasonable prices. I was able to buy other ingredients and products from Sainsbury's, Asda and Holland and Barrett.


The hardest thing I found was to give up was eggs! I loved the taste of eggs especially scrambled and also as omelettes. For me eggs were cheap and cheerful and went well with almost anything.



I was able to give them up thanks to 'Tys Concious' kitchen and 'Politifeast' who have excellent videos on how to make vegan omlettes and scramble using chickpea flour! 


Vegan omlette above by Tys Concious Kitchen https://youtu.be/6uPxj32epDQ

g

Vegan Omlette above by Politifeast


I went out and bought chickpea flour (also known as gram and garbanzo flour) and was blown away by how much the chickpea omlette I made tasted like eggs!







Memes such as the ones below also helped me to give up eggs as it's important to know facts about what you eat especially if it's unhealthy, gross and inhumane.



CAUTION: 
GRAPHIC & DISTURBING IMAGES COMING UP...















Chips with curry sauce was another favourite of mine and I learnt to make an alkaline version which was tastier!Burro bananas for the chips and bended chickpea and spices for the curry sauce)



Below is a quick sample of some of my alkaline meals!
◇Amaranth porridge - boiled amaranth with fresh peaches and strawberries, sweetened with agave syrup.




◇Spelt pasta with fresh sauteed cherry tomato and mix vegetable sauce.




◇Mushroom & Spinach Pizza with a crust made from gram flour which was baked in the oven.




◇Spelt grain with mushroom curry - The sauce was made from blended chickpeas wirh fresh mushrooms, seasoned with turmeric, rock salt and cayenne pepper.


◇Hummus Pizza - with a thick crust made from gram flour which was baked in the oven. Topped with hummus and fresh roasted veggies.


◇Spaghetti Bolognese using spelt spaghetti and mushrooms for the mince along with fresh onions and tomatoes.


Apple fritters made with a mixture of spelt and rye flour, sweetened with agave and a pinch of clove...made with fresh apples.



During my transition I learnt that soya and soy products are not good for the body  and phased that out completely. I was completely in love with chickpea omelettes for breakfast which replaced cereals. I also gave up tea and so there was no longer any need for me to buy any kind of plant based milk. Of course I could have made my own Sebi approved hemp, walnut and brazil nut milk but it wasn't personally necessary for me.




I replaced my vegetable oil with sesame oil and grapeseed oil. 





I found many videos on YouTube on how to made bread from spelt and rye flour and so I started to making my own bread and replaced my brown sugar with agave syrup which I used to sweeten my 


Eating according to Dr Sebi nutritional guide caused my sinuses to clear up and I no longer had consistent mucus build up in my throat (phlegm).

My menstrual cramps improved drastically and my flow was lighter but I was annoyed that I was still getting some pain still. I then learnt that to be completely free of menstrual cramps I needed to go raw!





No comments:

Post a Comment