Tuesday 2 January 2018

Vegan Receipe - 'Fruity Date' - Overnight Oats wirh Dried Fruit & Nuts



This was first attempt at overnight oats and I was blown away by the result!

I'll be honest and say that overnight oats never appealed to me before but lately it's been calling me to try them and I am so glad I did!

For this overnight oats I blended x6 soft pitted dates with water and poured the mixture over some dried oats and stirred through. I used this in place of plant based milk as I don't drink tea or coffee which means I never buy plant based milks.

My current way of eating and the receipes that I tend to create don't require plant based milks. You can of course use plant based milks if you prefer. 

What I love about dates is that they are such a good natural sweetner on their own!

 I judge the liquid content by how easy it was to mix as I am an eyeballing kind of girl. Most people use 1 cup of water to 1 cup of oats ratio.

 It was easy to stir but not too easy, a nice thick mixture. I then put the mixture in the fridge overnight to do its thing. In the morning I stirred again and added some dried fruit and nut mix and voila! A truly delicious combination! 

I love how quick and easy this breakfast was to prepare. Such a filling, super tasty, raw and nutrious breakfast, a great way to start the day! 




















No comments:

Post a Comment